Taking care of your canine fur kids can sometimes be a lot of work, especially cleaning up after them when they make a bit of a mess. What are some of the most clever and practical “wish I’d thought of that” life hacks for dog owners? We’ve found some great hacks to make your life easier, so you can spend more quality time with your dog.
1. Use a rubber glove to remove pet hair from furniture. Just put one on and rub your hand on the furniture. The fur will stick to the glove.
2. Make your own dog shampoo by mixing together 1 cup dish soap, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 quart of warm water.
3. Does your dog hate getting her teeth brushed? Try putting some dog toothpaste on your dog’s favorite rubber chew toy.
4. Want to expend some of your dog’s excess energy when it’s too nasty to play outside? A game of fetch will tucker your dog out faster when it’s played on the stairs.
5. Make your own pill pockets by mixing together 2 tbs. brown rice flour, 1 tbs. milk (or almond milk), and 1 tbs. peanut butter. Form into balls and poke a small hole for the pill. Insert the pill and squeeze the rest of the dough around it to close.
6. Keep a squeegee in your car…for window cleaning AND to remove dog hair from the seats.
7. Make a paste of baking soda and water to ease the pain and swelling of an insect sting.
8. Put a large plastic trash bag between the cushion and zippered cover of your dog’s bed to make cleaning up after accidents easier.
9. Keep a supply of bar mop towels on hand to wet and then heat in the microwave for a few seconds so you can wipe and warm your dog’s paws after a winter walk.
10. Rub a wet Magic Eraser on windows to clean up doggy nose prints and drool marks. Dry with a paper towel.
Your Animal Hearted purchase saves lives! 25% of all proceeds are donated to no kill animal shelters!
- AH Printing