Test your knowledge of the animal kingdom by seeing how many of these fascinating animal facts you know.
1. Pandas spend 14-16 hours a day eating bamboo.
2. Sea otters will hold each other’s paws when sleeping so they don’t drift apart.
3. A chinchilla’s teeth can grow up to 12 inches a year.
4. Anteaters eat 35,000 ants per day.
5. Most bats can’t walk because their leg bones are too thin.
6. Hedgehogs have about 5,000 spikes on their bodies.
7. A group of owls is called a parliament.
8. Humans can smell skunk a mile away.
9. Leopard seals don’t have ears.
10. A cheetah’s tear lines evolved to help protect their eyes from the sun and see long distances.
11. A baby giraffe can walk in under a half hour after birth.
12. Seahorses mate for life.
13. Galapagos tortoises can live to over 150 years.
14. Zebras have black skin under their stripes.
15. A narwhal has two teeth, with one growing into a 9 foot tusk in males.
Your Animal Hearted purchase saves lives! 25% of all proceeds are donated to no kill animal shelters!
- Aaron Seminoff