shelter pets in need
Each order helps pets in need
The Old English Sheepdog may seem like a big, furry couch potato but this loveable dog was originally bred to be a working dog in rural England. The OES wasn’t a herding type of sheepdog, but rather a kind of sheepdog called a “drover.” Their job was to help farmers drive a herd of sheep (or cattle) from farm to town on market day. Today, the OES is the ideal family pet…loving, sweet, gentle, and great with children. Here’s just a few reasons why we love them!
1. We love their adorable black button noses…
2. And their cute fuzzy butts.
3. We love them when they’re fluffy…
4. And we love them when they’re shaved, too.
5. We love them when they’re playful…
6. And also when they’re a little tired.
7. They’re just as loveable when they could use a bath…
8. As when they’re groomed for the dog show.
9. Did we mention that they’re cute when they’re puppies?
10. We mean, like, really cute when they’re puppies!
Embrace your inner puppy & shop our entire dog collection - 25% of all proceeds go directly to no kill animal shelters!
Photos top to bottom: Family Reunion by David Martyn Hunt; The Wet Nose by Sam-Cat; DSCN0745 by Jena Fuller; 2013 Royal Melbourne Show by Chris Phutully; Mutton Bear by Betsy Weber; Shaggy Dog running by Sheila Sund; So tired by Daisyree Bakker; lady, my beloved dog by sophie; DSCN0744 by Jena Fuller; Good Boy by Norlando Pobre; Old English Sheepdog Puppy by David Martyn Hunt (all Flickr).