shelter pets in need
Each order helps pets in need
Whether you just got a new puppy or have an elderly companion dog, chances are there are still information about dogs you haven't learned. Here are 15 interesting information about dogs - how many of them do you know?
1. Every dog’s nose print is as unique as a human’s finger print.
2. Dogs have sweat glands on the soles of their feet.
3. Dogs are able to donate blood to other dogs.
4. Spiked dog collars were first used in ancient times to protect dogs’ throats from wolves.
5. The Chow Chow and Shar Pei are the only breeds of dogs that have black tongues.
6. 30% of Dalmatians are deaf in one or both ears.
7. Three small dogs survived the sinking of the Titanic; 2 Pomeranians and a Pekingese.
8. Dogs can hear sounds coming from 250 yards away.
9. Dogs are susceptible to contagious yawning just like humans.
10. The Norwegian Lundehund is the only breed of dog that has 6 toes.
11. Dogs instinctively sleep curled up to protect their vital organs from predators.
12. The Poodle’s unique haircut was first created to protect its joints and organs in cold water.
13. Dogs prefer to poop with their bodies aligned to the north-south axis of the earth’s magnetic field.
14. Because of body type, French Bulldogs require artificial insemination and C-sections to reproduce.
15. Stray dogs in Moscow have learned how to navigate the subway system.
How many of these facts did you know? More than 5? Congratulations...you're a certified dog lover!
Leave a comment