As more and more U.S. consumers become increasingly aware of the inhumane conditions in which chickens, cows, pigs, and other farm animals are kept, research shows that the majority of us approve of undercover investigations of farms by animal welfare organizations. The ASPCA has reported the results of a survey of U.S. consumers, and the results are encouraging for animal lovers.
Here are the key findings:
- 71% of Americans support undercover investigations to expose animal abuse on industrial farms.
- 54% strongly support these efforts.
- 64% of Americans oppose efforts to make undercover farm investigations illegal (the so-called “ag-gag” laws)
- 50% strongly oppose ag-gag laws.
- 94% of Americans believe that it is important to have measures in place to ensure that food derived from farm animals is safe to eat.
- 94% agree that animals raised for food on farms should be free from abuse and cruelty.
Ag-gag legislation seeks to criminalize animal welfare investigations of farms, including the taking of pictures and videos. Even the distribution of these images would be criminalized. Interested in learning more about how you can help farm animals and stop the growing trend of ag-gag laws? Check out the ASPCA’s farm animal welfare website HERE.
Your Animal Hearted purchase saves lives! 25% of all proceeds are donated to no kill animal shelters!
- AH Printing