As more and more of us doting dog parents are making healthy homemade treats for our dogs (pumpkin-peanut butter biscuits, anyone?) many of us are finding that certain baking supplies that keep showing up in dog treat recipes are missing from our kitchen cabinets. If you don’t do a lot of baking for yourself, you may not have all of the equipment you need to make treats for your dog.
Not to worry, the Proud Dog Mom has you covered! Here’s a neat shopping list for all of the essential baking supplies any newbie dog treat baker needs. Check out the Proud Dog Mom blog post for the full story!
Dog Treat Baking Supplies Shopping List
- Oven thermometer
- A set of 3 mixing bowls—small, medium, large
- Dry ingredient measuring cups—set with sizes ranging from ¼ cup to 1 cup
- Wet ingredient measuring cup—one that goes up to 2 cup size
- A set of measuring spoons—with sizes ranging from ¼ teaspoon to 1 tablespoon
- 2 baking sheets (with a low ridge on all 4 sides) or 2 cookie sheets (flat except for one rim on the end)
- A roll of parchment paper or 2 reusable silicone mats (to prevent sticking)
- Rolling pin
- Wire cooling racks
- Dog-themed cookie cutters
- Mini muffin tins or silicone molds (also great for frozen treats)
Embrace your inner puppy & shop our entire dog collection - 25% of all proceeds go directly to no kill animal shelters!
- AH Printing