Taking good care of our pets is a pleasure for animal lovers, but some pet-related chores are more fun than others. Here are some easy pet care hacks for dog and cat owners so you can spend more quality time with your pets.
- Put a tennis ball in your dog’s bowl of dry food to slow him down if he eats too fast.
- Use a window or shower squeegee to remove pet hair from the carpet.
- Use a dry cloth mop like Swiffer to sweep up dog hair from hardwood floors. Vacuums will blow the hair around.
- Protect your dog’s paws from salt and chemicals in the winter by coating the pads with Vaseline. Rinse off with warm water when you come back in the house.
- Feed your dog some canned pumpkin (unspiced) if she is suffering from constipation.
- Make a homemade puzzle toy by putting some cat toys in a plastic container and cutting a few holes in the lid that are big enough for your cat’s paw to reach in.
- Attached double-sided tape to surfaces you don’t want your cat to scratch or jump on.
- Use a rubber glove to remove pet hair from the furniture.
- Buy inexpensive Ikea shelving and transform it into a kitty condo with sisal and carpet for scratching.
- Treat hairballs by giving your cat some olive oil or butter. Oil from a tin of sardines will make your cat love you forever.
Your Animal Hearted purchase saves lives! 25% of all proceeds are donated to no kill animal shelters!