Did you know that May 3-9 is the 100th anniversary of the American Humane Association’s Be Kind to Animals Week? It’s a great time for all animal lovers to take a moment and remind everyone about how easy it can be to make a difference in the lives of animals.
Here are some great tips courtesy of the American Humane Association:
- Buy humanely-raised eggs, meat, and dairy products.
- Learn about wildlife conservation projects.
- Look for films with the AHA’s “No animals were harmed” certification.
- Adopt a pet from an animal shelter.
- Be a responsible pet owner by making sure your pet has proper ID and gets regular vet visits.
- Create a backyard haven for birds, butterflies, and other creatures.
- Report suspected animal abuse and neglect.
- Ask your local public officials to make an official Be Kind to Animals Week proclamation.
- Help educate young children about the importance of being kind to animals.
Your Animal Hearted purchase saves lives! 25% of all proceeds are donated to no kill animal shelters!