shelter pets in need
Each order helps pets in need
The impressive Great Dane has a long and noble history, dating back hundreds of years to when large English hunting dogs like the Mastiff and Irish wolfhound were introduced into Germany and became a favorite dog of the nobility. The Great Dane was bred to hunt boar, bear and deer, and also acted as guard dogs for their noble owners. Despite its past as a hunting dog, today’s Great Dane is a true gentle giant, known for its friendly, patient, and loving nature. Here are just a few reasons why the Great Dane is one great dog!
1. Great Danes can have very large litters, with as many as 10-15 puppies.
2. The Great Dane is Pennsylvania’s official state dog.
3. A Great Dane named Zeus was named the world’s tallest dog.
4. Great Danes can make ideal apartment dogs because of their quiet, laid-back nature.
5. Scooby-Doo is a Great Dane.
6. Marmaduke is another famous cartoon Great Dane.
7. Great Danes can live up to 13 years, but most have a lifespan of 10 years or so.
Embrace your inner puppy & shop our entire dog collection - 25% of all proceeds go directly to no kill animal shelters!
8. During World War II, a Great Dane diffused a bomb that fell on her house…by peeing on it!
9. Great Danes can weigh 100 pounds at just 6 months of age.
10. There are 6 recognized Great Dane colors: black, blue, brindle, fawn, harlequin and mantle.
Leave a comment